Camera Action first opened its doors for trade in 1979, relocating to our current site on the corner of Elizabeth and Little Bourke streets in the heart of Melbourne, directly opposite the GPO in 1985. Demonstrating expert knowledge and service we have grown to become one of Australia’s Premier specialist photographic stores, showcasing the most current and innovative products available.
At Camera Action we pride ourselves on quality of service. Together with our high street retail outlet we are a two time recipient of the prestigious Australian Camera, Video and Digital Retailer of the Year, and have also been recognised for distinction in the Promotion of Photography by the Photographic Marketing Association International.
At Camera Action our young, enthusiastic and dedicated team of about 50 staff, aim to establish close customer relations.
Fully aware of the value of every retail square metre, we have evolved beyond the traditional ground floor retail shop front to incorporate other innovative and flexible sales streams.
- Our Corporate Sales Team's clients include many government departments such as the Department of Defence, the Department of Natural Resources and the Victorian Police force.
- Our Insurance Replacement Team utilise the latest technologies to assist rapid and accurate equipment replacements.
- Our award winning Processing Lab produces imaging quality from film and digital media usually only available from high priced Pro Labs.
- CameraAction.com.au being one of Australia’s first eCommerce enabled Photo retail sites, holds an established and well respected position within the online retail community.
- We have successfully married our online sales department with a developing, yet highly successful Phone Sales Team.
- You should also check out theLightRoom, our recently opened Fine Art printing gallery. theLightRoom is like a photographic dark-room but with all the lights on. We can help you create wall worthy masterpieces from your digital image files.
With the continuing tide of exciting and diverse digital products CameraAction has positioned itself with an enthusiastic team, an inspired retail destination in a prime CBD location and a global presence online, providing service and support seven days a week, which others can only aspire to.